Our goal is to create a community of enlightened and educated women gathered to share their ideas, experiences and personal stories to gain a sense of self within a nurturing community. We want to draw an audience of not just writers, but women of all kinds who are looking for an online source where they can feel like their intellectual and imaginative needs are met with creative ideas and conversation.
We want our community to encourage building new outlooks and perspectives, share their valued and appreciated opinions and to find a balance between feminism and feminine.
What to know!
We are currently seeking content writers and guest bloggers that would be interested in posting weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Currently we can not compensate contributors for posting, but we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live.
Sound good? Here are the next steps…
- Email a quick pitch (typically a paragraph) of what you’d like to write about to Info@TheWellWrittenWoman.com include links to your blog or places you’ve been published.
- Once we receive your pitch, we’ll typically get back to you within 2-3 days with either a suggested angle or green light to go full-speed ahead!
When your post is done, please email us the following:
- Full post with a title in body of an email or in a Microsoft word document.
- Any relevant images for your post (please send as separate files, not pasted within the document) with links to original source if you do not own the image rights.
- Your brief bio (less than 150 words) with links to your site, Facebook, Twitter, pages.
- A headshot or photo of you you’d like us to use for you bio
- Please use only one space after a period when beginning a new sentence.
- If your post contains links, please include them with your submission in parenthesis within the content. (Think parenthetical documentation only not as complicated as those pesky college papers)
- Personalization is always great. Remember to always use your authentic voice!
- Once your posts go live, please share with your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media you use. The more people who view your post, the better it is for you and the better it is for The Well Written Woman.
- Word count: No minimums but preferably between 250—800 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible, and generally positive. A good sense of humor is always a plus!
- Please note that while we are advocates of recycling in other areas of life, we request that you only submit new and original content for The Well Written Woman.
Camicia Bennett, Founder/Editor in Chief
Lauren Mack, Co-Founder/Executive Editor